Sunday, April 19, 2015

Scholarships & Social Security Numbers

Recently, I posted a scholarship which was from the Bruce Lee Foundation--they are located in Los Angeles and it looked like a good resource for many of my students.  The only drawback was that it required a social security number. 

I wrote an email to the foundation expressing my concerns about potential identity theft, and immediately received a very nice email reassuring me that an applicant would not be rejected for not submitting that information.

The IMPORTANT thing to remember is to include a note expressing your concerns and, whenever possible, contact the organization for advice.

Should you be applying for the Bruce Lee Scholarship, feel free to contact (richard@brucelee.com) if you have any questions. 

No comments: