Thursday, November 5, 2009

Tip Six Personal Statement

Are you satisfied with what you have written? Does the content reflect a true image of who you are? Who or what motivated you to return to college? Any challenges that you have made along the way? What you have learned about yourself? What your career goals are? What your plans are to meet your educational goals? Did you express enthusiasm and motivation? Is your essay interesting? Compelling?

The next step is to check very carefully for grammatical and punctuation errors. Once you are convinced that you have done everything possible to write a winning essay,ask a trusted friend to read it. Take it to the Learning Skills Center and ask someone to critique it.

Now rewrite with all of the corrections. If you are a student at the College of the Desert, please make an appointment with me so that I can give it a final check, Please have it on a flashdrive so that I can make any quick revisions. At that time, I will print out several final copies.

Please allow enough time. I am happy to help you, but realize that my schedule is tight and I want to devote enough time to reading your statement.

Good luck!!

No comments: