Monday, September 8, 2008

Free Email Services

Another way to save money is to have a FREE email service. Go to Google and key in TOP 16 FREE EMAIL SERVICES for a description of the following free services.

Gmail
AIM Mail
GMX Mail
Yahoo! Mail
Inbox.com
Gawab.com
Zenbe
FastMail Guest Account
Yahoo! Mail Classic
Windows Live Hotmail

It is a good idea to have a separate account that you use specifically for your scholarship search. Be mindful of the name that you give your site. It should be professional sounding and not something cutesy. Think for a moment the impression projected with something like "teeneyweneypinkbikini" or "madmanmike" or "sweetiepie".

Remember, first impressions do count. When applying for scholarships, you want to project a good image.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm learning something new. I don't have a blog don't know how to useit, but with you I'm sure I get the hang of it. I"m without a homw computer at the moment.

Brenda Lias

The Search for Scholarships said...

Brenda,
There are several places on campus with computers for student use-- the Career/Transfer Center, the Hilb Center, and the Library.

Technology is here to stay and the young students use it on a daily basis.

Eve-Marie

Anonymous said...

I personally have an e-mail I use for friendly basis and just recently created an account that I thought was acceptable to use on a professional basis. Would it be fine for me to use that one or do you suggest I have one set aside for scholarships only?

Jimmy Sanchez

Anonymous said...

I am starting to get organized. David D

kayla Epley said...

i am going to change my em,ail address i will let you know when i officially do.
Kayla Epley

The Search for Scholarships said...

Hi Kayla,
Thanks. I await your new email.