"The time to be happy is now. The place to be happy is here. The way to be happy is to make others so."
~Robert G. Ingersoll
Saturday, April 25, 2015
Deadline: June 30, 2015 (11:59)
AfterCollege, Inc is a job and internship resource, their scholarships are for students who will be exemplary candidates in their field when the time comes to find an internship or job. This means that they evaluate applicants with the eye of hiring a manager, so watch your grammar, check your spelling, put your best accomplishments forward and you may get paid for thinking about your future!
- Open to currently enrolled students in an accredited program.
- Working toward a degree (AA, AS, BA, BS, MA, MS, MFA, PhD, MD, JD,, etc.)
- Any major
- Minimum GPA 2.5
Deadline: May 15, 2015 (by 5:00 p.m.)
This scholarship awards one undergraduate student a $2,000-dollar scholarship and an opportunity to undertake a paid summer internship with CVHC (Coachella Valley Housing Coalition). Award selection is based on the student's demonstrated leadership qualities and commitment to community service. Past recipients are not eligible.
- You or your parent(s)/guardian(s) must be residents of a CVHC housing community (house or apartment).
- Be a farmworker or come from a farmworker household.
- Be accepted or matriculated at a community college, university, or vocational school.
- Maintain a 3.0 GPA or better.
- Have accumulated 40 or more volunteer community service hours in the last 12 months.
- Provide Letter of Verification from the organization/agency with which you volunteer.
No-Bake Honey Peanut Butter Cookies
These simple to make no-bake cookies contain the great flavor combination of peanut butter and chocolate, along with a little hint of sweetness from the honey. The addition of oats adds a punch of fiber and plant protein that makes them very satisfying.
Combine the following ingredients in a bowl:
2 1/2 cups rolled oats
1/3 cup natural peanut butter
3 Tbs honey
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Mix thoroughly and then use a muffin tin as the mold to form the cookies
This recipe works really well with miniature muffin tins as well. It makes about eight 250-calorie cookies -- so one tin is more than enough.
Tip: To cut down on calories, you can make 16 cookies instead.